The ELISS 2018 is the third edition of the ELI Summer school series and its main goal is to provide young fellows with a comprehensive overview on the field of the generation and application of intense lasers pulses. The lectures will devote large emphasis to the generation of secondary radiation sources extending from the THz to the X-ray and Gamma-ray spectral, as well as to the generation and acceleration of particle beams. The wide range of applications, going from cultural heritage to the investigation of nuclear physics will be also a central topic of the lectures.
The school will be organized in five days at the ELI-ALPS research facility, with two poster sessions. A social dinner will be organized to foster communication between the participants to the school.
• High-power ultrashort lasers
• Generation and applications of intense THz radiation
• Generation and amplification of ultra-short laser pulses
• Generation of bright coherent and incoherent X-ray pulses using short pulse lasers
• Ultrafast imaging techniques with short x-ray pulses
• Particle acceleration and applications
• Plasma Physics
• Laser matter interaction at ultra-high intensities
• Generation and application of attosecond pulses
• Nuclear Physics with intense lasers
There will be two poster sessions on the program on Tuesday, August 28 and Thursday, August 30. All participants are strongly encouraged to present their scientific works and to discuss it with the other participants and lecturers. The size of posters is recommended A0 (841x1189mm).